Protect Your Customers from Fraudulent Mobile Apps
Avoid unauthorised Mobile apps from impersonating your trustworthy brand for the purpose of fraudulent activity.
With the enormous uptake of mobile apps, a new channel for online fraud has emerged. Unauthorised Mobile Apps, impersonating a brand, entice users to download and install them on their mobile devices.
Mobile Apps can be used maliciously and some contain malware. These can be used to:
- Send login credentials to a criminal
- Allow for browser sessions to be hijacked
- Take control of the mobile device, or
- Facilitate “man in the middle” attacks
The Costs of Unauthorised Mobile Apps
An unauthorised mobile app taking advantage of a well-known brand can:
- Create a negative experience for the end user
- Impact on the brand’s reputation
- Incur financial losses through credential theft
“Early detection and take down of unauthorised apps will minimise the number of downloads and ultimate abuse of a client’s brand.” Trent Youl, Director, FraudWatch International
Fraudwatch are experts in eliminating rogue mobile applications
Here is how we do it..
Latest News Articles and Corporate Information
- In recent weeks, security researchers at Kaspersky Lab have identified a new variant of ‘Faket...
- DON’T BE FOOLED by a recent email scam offering Woolworth’s customers a $2000 gift card....
- Phishing remains one of the biggest cyber-threat criminals are using in order to access a company’...