Effective Investigation and Takedown of Vishing attacks
Vishing (Automated Voice Calls) and Smishing (text messages) are methods criminals are using to lure consumers to hand over personal information. Types of Vishing attacks can involve:
- An email or SMS to consumers directing them to call the impersonated company on a different number, which then
- An incoming, automated call impersonating the company
Often, incoming call ID’s are spoofed, meaning the number seen by the consumer is not the number the criminals are using.
FraudWatch International can take down numbers that consumers are asked to call in a Vishing attack. These are often hacked VOIP systems of a different legitimate company to who the Vishing attack is targeting.
FraudWatch provides a complete brand protection service for clients.
Here is how we do it..
Latest News Articles and Corporate Information
- The Internet of Things (IoT) is now a sign of the times. We have digitally connected devices all aro...
- In last week’s blog article, we discussed what scareware was and what it could do to your comp...
- What is it? Scareware is a type of malware that uses social engineering and fear tactics to trick vi...